About the journal
International Journal of Biology and Chemistry was founded in 2011. Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is the founder, as well as the publisher of the journal. The journal has an approved cover and title pages with an indication of the university, output numbers of the issue, ISSN, e-ISSN, editorial board, editorial policy, publication ethics, and website. The journal is published 2 times a year.
The journal is included in the largest database on chemistry – Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) of the American Chemical Society; in the international authoritative source of bibliographic and descriptive information on periodicals of all types – UlrichsWeb Global Serials Directory; as well as into the EBSCO database, which is the leading provider of research databases, e-journals, e-books and discovery service to libraries of all kinds.
International Journal of Biology and Chemistry indexed by the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) of Web of Science Core Collection (Clarivate Analytics) since 2018.
All articles of the journal registered in the CrossRef database and for each author's article assigned a digital object identifier (DOI), which is used to provide a citation, reference, and output to electronic documents.
The journal is also placed in the Electronic Scientific Library elibrary.ru in open access format for readers and is included in the analytical database «Russian Science Citation Index».
The editorial board of the journal includes leading Kazakhstani and foreign scientists.
The journal follows the policy of information openness and accessibility of authors' publications, articles are posted on the journal's website in full-text access.
The principal aim of the journal is to present the results of the current scientific research and prospective developments in specific fields of biology and chemistry to specialists and a broader audience to facilitate international collaboration and further investigation of critical scientific problems, tasks, and discoveries.
Objectives of the journal:
- show the results of current studies in the field of chemistry and biology;
- promote the extensive exchange of information between scientists from all over the world;
- publish original papers in the field of biology and chemistry;
- publish materials of biological and chemical conferences, held in different countries (after the process of their subsequent selection);
- widen the geography of possible collaboration.
Thematic directions of the journal
The journal displays the results of current research in biology and chemistry in the following thematic areas, and contributes to the coverage of theoretical and practical issues and the dissemination of scientific discoveries:
- fundamental and applied research in the field of biology and chemistry;
- modern issues of technologies for organic synthesis;
- the scientific basis of the production of physiologically active preparations;
- modern issues of technologies for processing of raw materials;
- production of new materials and technologies;
- study on chemical and physical properties and structure of organic and inorganic substances or/and materials;
- theoretical and practical issues in the processing of hydrocarbons;
- modern achievements in the field of nanotechnology;
- results of studies in the fields of biology, biotechnology, genetics, molecular biology, medicine, nanotechnology, ecology, etc.
The publication of the manuscript(s) in the journal is free of charge.